Leg Series Review
This is one of my favorite series. You'll be working your core, glutes, and all of your leg muscles!
1. Stand with both feet under your hips. Engage your core. Then, bend from the hips and place your right arm on a chair or stool and lift your left leg up so that it's even with your left hip. Stack your hips on top of the other. There should be a straight line from your foot to your hips to your shoulder.
2. If it's difficult to maintain the alignment, bend your right leg to allow for more flexibility.
3. Pulse your left leg upwards 16x.
4. Draw 8 circles with your left leg. Reverse the direction and do 8 more circles.
5. Then, bend forward from the hips and place both arms on the chair or stool. Keep your core engaged.
6. Make sure that your chest is parallel to the floor and your hips are over your ankles. To do this, you may need to walk your feet back a bit.
7. Keeping your left leg raised and even with your hip, bend your left knee to 90 degrees.
8. Keep a slight bend in your right knee.
9. Lower your left leg about 3 inches and then return it to hip height.
10. Repeat 30x.
11. When you complete your 30, keep your left leg in line with your hip(as in the picture).
12. Slowly bend your right knee about 2 - 3 inches and then return.
13. Do this 16x.
14. Switch legs and repeat the entire sequence on the right leg.
Tips: If you feel this in your back, reset your core. Or, come out of the exercise completely. Don't allow your head to drop, instead keep your head in line with your spine.