Leg Series Review
This is one of my favorite series. You'll be working your core, glutes, and all of your leg muscles!
1. Stand with both feet under your hips. Engage your core. Then, bend from the hips and place your right arm on a chair or stool and lift your left leg up so that it's even with your left hip. Stack your hips on top of the other. There should be a straight line from your foot to your hips to your shoulder.
2. If it's difficult to maintain the alignment, bend your right leg to allow for more flexibility.
3. Pulse your left leg upwards 30x.
4. Without dropping your leg, do leg circles ie. pretend that you're drawing a tiny circle with your heel. Do this 16 x in one direction and then 16 x in the opposite direction. You should be feeling this in your hip and standing leg by now.
5. Then, bend forward from the hips and place your arms on a chair or stool. Be sure your core is engaged.
6. Make sure that your chest is parallel to the floor and your hips are over your ankles. To do this, you may need to walk your feet back a bit.
7. Bend your left knee to 90 degrees and raise it so that it's even with your hip.
8. Bend your right knee slightly.
9. Lower your left leg about 3 inches and then return it to hip height.
10. Lift and lower your leg for a total of 30x.
11. When you complete your 30, keep your left leg in line with your hip(as in the picture).
12. Slowly bend your right knee about 2 - 3 inches and then return. Do this 16x.
Repeat then entire sequence on the other side. Feel free to do 2 - 3 sets.
Tips: If you feel this in your back, reset your core. Or, come out of the exercise completely. Don't allow your head to drop, instead keep your head in line with your spine.This entire sequence will challenge your core, hamstring and quads.