Welcome to 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - GO! 4 Weeks - 3 habits - 2 - 1 New You!
Welcome to the first day! I'm Laurie and I'll be your health and wellness coach throughout the program! This program is a little bit different than some programs. Instead of me telling you what to do, you're going to pick 3 goals that you want to turn into habits! To help keep you accountable, you'll add up your points each day and let me know your score. Your target is to get at least 3 points each day! To get some bonus points, I also may challenge you to a few things that would be great to do but you're in charge of you.
Here's how it works:
Each Sunday, you'll receive an email where we'll talk about your goals as well as a topic we're highlighting that week. This week we're focusing mainly on how to choose your habits.
Monday is our check-in day! So, we'll either talk via phone, google hangout, email or even text to check on your successes, challenges and see what you're starting to see as you work toward your goals. Don't be shy about telling me if you don't hit a goal! This is often when our most productive work happens actually and you get closer to getting what you truly want..
On Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, you'll receive an email with either a food of the day, a quick recipe of the day, an exercise challenge of the day, healthy eating tip, or simply a tip manage time during the holidays. Here, you'll be able to earn some bonus points too!
You can also hop over to your workout studio and look for your weekly 10 minute workout! You'll also find a link to a 10 minute meditation and stretch that you can do anytime! You don't have to do these but they sure will help you feel better this holiday season! Give yourself a point for every 10 minute workout you do!
The goal of 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - Go! is for you to have your goals in and already committed to them before the craziness of the holiday season begins. With your foundation in place, you'll feel healthy and new throughout the season!
Today, we're doing the hard part and clarifying your goals!
What Are You Wanting For Yourself This Season?
This may seem like a funny question. During the holidays, we are so often thinking about other people that we forget to think of ourselves. But, the reality is in order for us to take care of everyone else and our day to day responsibilities, we have to be our best!
So, I want you to try and find a few distraction-free minutes to think. And, before you immediately go to making a list, take a deep breath and slow down your thinking. If we make a list before we truly know what we want, the list won't actually speak to our true desire and ..well....we won't do it. All of us has had the experience of making a list and then staring at it wondering why we didn't do it. Often, the list just simply didn't reflect what we actually wanted to do but rather what we thought we should do.
Today, we're going to try to make a set of goals that fits. Grab a piece of paper and simply jot down your thoughts to the following questions. Or, simply answer them in your head as you go along.
1) Take a minute and think about the upcoming holiday season. What thoughts are coming up for you?
2) Now, considering everything that just started popping in your head, what are some things that stand out for you in terms of what's important to you in the coming weeks? What are some things that you're wanting for yourself?
3) Now, taking into account what you just wrote or thought, are there some things that stand out to you about how you can take care of yourself or get you closer to what you're wanting for yourself?
4) After answering that last question, can you take a minute and think about 3 things you can do each day to help you be your best you? If you're not sure, try to choose something for each of the following categories : Move and Stretch, Coping with Stress/Rest and Relaxation and Feel Good Foods.
5) Considering these 3 things, can you write them down as 3 clear goals on your 4321 Go Tally Up Your Points Excel Sheet? Don't worry, they don't have to be perfect. You can refine them as you go along the program. For example, instead of 'I want to be relaxed' try 'i am going to take 10 minutes each morning to stretch and meditate to start my day off relaxed'.
Don't stress about if you did this exercise correctly. There is no right or wrong. This is all about you and what matters most to you. Since you're a unique and complete person all on your own, you'll have your own unique and complete desires.
If you're not sure about how to answer the above questions, we can talk about it during your 10 minute coaching session. Or, I can simply give you 3 goals. I have lots of ideas:
Remember, this is all about helping you to keep the joy in the season and rock each day! Now, go out there and start working on your 3 goals for today. Don't forget to tally up your points at the end of the day!
Typically, we would check-in tomorrow with about your progress but instead I'll simply drop you a line with a tip to maximize time!
I'll see you tomorrow! Don't forget your 10 minute workout too!
Get Ready for the Week!
Sundays are a great day to prepare for the week! One way to make the week a little easier is to have a meal ready to go for those busy nights. Try making a batch of soup or chili today so that it's ready to roll this week when you're in a pinch.
Here are 2 easy to make recipes that are yummy and fast!
- Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup : Couldn't be easier! If you don't like spicy, just leave out the red pepper flakes.
- California Turkey Chili : This one takes a little time but it's worth it! You don't have to use Mexican Oregano. Oregano works just fine. And, I usually don't have pine nuts on hand for the quinoa so I just skip them too. I promise you that you won't miss them. When it's cold outside, this recipe is perfect!
All material provided here is for informational or educational purposes only. Please consult your physician regarding the applicability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your symptoms or medical condition. Use or reproduction of text or photographs is prohibited without written permission from WellStyles Consulting®. Copyright © 2017. All Rights Reserved.